THE MANOR HALL
CONTACTS AND AVAILABILITY
Please look at Hall Booking and the attached monthly calendars to see when the hall is available and for the list of current charges. To make a booking please either phone Alison Sharples (Tel: 01271 882782} or email (email@example.com).
The Manor Hall is located in the centre of the village, close to the church. The two-storey wing is part of the former manor house dating back to the late 15th century and has features from the Tudor and late medieval periods, whereas the main hall was built in 1914, partly through the generosity of the Basset family who owned the Watermouth Estate.
The building was acquired in 1947 and is held in trust for the inhabitants of the parish. It is managed by the Manor Hall Trust,registered charity no. 1169090. To view a copy of the original conveyance click on this link:
The Manor Hall wing is used by Berrynarbor Pre-School and the Men's Institute.
The main hall is used for a wide variety of activities and groups, including spinners, upholstery, art, badminton, pilates, the Wine Circle and theatre events put on by the villagers, the Beaford Arts group and others.
The village school use the hall 2 days a week.
It is available for hire for any suitable activity when not in use by these groups.
The current constitution of the Trust as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation operative from the end of 2017 can be viewed by clicking the link: